Company: Liff, Walsh & Simmons and Eagle Title
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Growing law firm and title company seeks a driven Vice President of Finance & Accounting to join our dynamic team. The VP of Finance & Accounting will be responsible for overseeing all financial operations of the companies, including budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and financial analysis to support profitable goals and objectives. This position requires a strong leader who can develop and implement financial strategies that align with the company’s goals and objectives. The VP of Finance & Accounting must also have excellent communication skills, as they will work closely with other executives, ownership, and stakeholders to ensure that financial decisions are made with the best interest of the organizations in mind.
- Develop, implement, operate, maintain, and control the essential operating systems, information, and financial strategies of both companies (Liff, Walsh & Simmons and Eagle Title) to meet the company’s financial goals and objectives.
- Define and implement key performance indicators and strategic objectives for both companies; facilitate measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team.
- Lead and mentor the finance and administration team, providing guidance and support through project management and core value driven leadership strategies.
- Work directly with executive and department level leadership to teach, support and communicate financial strategies across related business lines.
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements for both companies.
- Develop and maintain industry specific and tailored financial models and forecasts to support decision-making; Prepare and present relevant financial reports to senior management with thoughtful and proactive analysis.
- Manage the budgeting process and monitor actual performance against budget.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations and related financial operations of the company.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Develop and maintain relationships with banks, auditors, and other financial institutions.
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances.
- Continuously seek innovative approaches to streamline related financial operations and drive profitability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Core Value driven leadership
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong supervisory and strategic leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related accounting software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven experience in developing financial strategies and managing budgets
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and accounting principles
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant status highly desired
- 10+ years of experience in finance and accounting, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
If you are a highly motivated and experienced finance professional who is ready to take on a leadership role in a dynamic and growing company, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Liff, Walsh & Simmons and Eagle Title are equal opportunity employers committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.