Reports Directly To: Chief Financial Officer
Works Directly With: Finance and Accounting Team
Fast growing title company is seeking a highly motivated Controller. The successful candidate will direct the financial and accounting operations of both companies including financial reporting, budgeting, planning, and other financial matters. This is a terrific career opportunity to join a value centric, team-oriented company. The Controller is a full-time, in office position with competitive benefits.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Works with CFO to assist with the company’s financial planning, budgeting, cash flow management, projections and investment activities.
- Manages the tax return process for both companies and the company owners’ personal tax returns as needed.
- Responsible for the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the accounting team’s work.
- Responsible for developing and implementing training as necessary to improve the efficiency, knowledge base and performance of the accounting team.
- Constantly assesses the current accounting operations; recommends and implements process improvements.
- Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government licensing and other requirements.
- Oversees the daily operations and processes of the Accounting Department to ensure the accuracy and completeness of company financial statements.
- Oversees the payroll process to ensure that payroll is submitted timely and accurately.
- Oversees the accounts receivable of the law firm and accounts payable processes, including working with customers and vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
- Oversees that all bank reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that internal accounting controls and policies are followed and works with the CFO to make improvements to internal controls as necessary.
- Ensures that all daily accounting and journal entries are made timely and accurately.
- Ensures that the month end close is completed timely and accurately.
- Oversees the review and distribution of all financial statements, activity reports, financial forecasts and budgets for both companies as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and operational metric reporting.
- Analyzes financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identifies improvements that can be made.
- Ensures that all reports are completed accurately and distributed timely to the management team.
- Works with the CFO to develop and expand the reporting as necessary.
- In conjunction with the CFO, reviews financial and KPI reporting with department managers throughout the year to identify where financial and operational improvements can be made
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally accurate math and accounting skills
- Independently motivated with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite, and the ability to learn industry specific accounting software
- Familiarity with QuickBooks not required but preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years or more of related experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment
Eagle Title is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.